+ 33 1 53 83 85 30
DR. ABDULRAHMAN YAHIA BAAMIR
Dr Abdulrahman Yahia Baamir founded his firm in 2010.
In addition to his academic contributions in the fields of arbitration and Saudi law, Dr Baamir advises and represents clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious legal, business matters and dispute resolution issues. His field of expertise includes Shari’a and Saudi law, including foreign direct investments, IT, commercial law, engineering and construction, international commercial arbitration and litigation.
Dr Baamir represents clients before all courts in Saudi Arabia, as well as ad hoc and institutional arbitration tribunals inside and outside Saudi Arabia. His list of clients includes NYSE listed companies and members of the fortune 500 in the fields of petrochemicals, mining, engineering as well as listed companies and wealthy individuals from the GCC countries.
Dr Baamir has provided expert opinions on different issues in numerous court proceedings (including U.S. and English court proceedings) and international arbitrations and acted as arbitrator in a few cases related to construction, sales of goods and foreign investment.
– PhD, School of Law, Brunel University, London (2009); thesis title: Saudi Law and Judicial Practice in Commercial and Banking Arbitration.
– PGD in Islamic Banking and Insurance, Institute of Islamic Banking and Insurance, London (2007)
– LLM in International Trade Law, School of Law, Brunel University, London (2006)
– BA in Shari’a Law, Umm Alqura University, Mecca, Saudi Arabia (2002).
– “Shari’a Law in Commercial and Banking Arbitration”: Law and Practice in Saudi Arabia, (1st edition, Ashgate Publishing Ltd., UK, 2010).
– “Issues of Transparency and Disclosure in the Saudi Stock Market” (vol. 22, No.1, Arab Law Quarterly, 2008), pp. 63-87.
– “Saudi Law as Lex Arbitri: Evaluation of Saudi Arbitration Law and Judicial Practice” written with Ilias Bantekas (2009) Arbitration International.
– “Arbitration in Banking Disputes under the New Saudi Legal Order”, Arab Regional Forum News, Newsletter of the International Bar Association Legal Practice Division, vol. 15, No. 15 March 2010.
– “The New Saudi Arbitration Act: Evaluation of the Theory and Practice” (2012), 6 Int.A.L.R. pp. 219-234.
– “Saudi Arabia – Arbitration in the Middle East and North Africa”, in G. Blanke (ed), Juris, 2016.
– “Saudi Arabia – Enforcement of Money Judgments”, in Lawrence W. Newman (ed) Juris, 2019.
– “Saudi Arabia – Attachment of Assets” in Lawrence W. Newman (ed) Juris (forthcoming)